Janice was raised on a third‐generation family farm in Manitoba’s Interlake and has made Winnipeg her home for 35 years. With a desire to learn about different lifestyles and cultures, her travels have taken her to Nepal, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Japan, Costa Rica, the Caribbean, England and dozens of American states.
Today, Janice and Richard have teen age triplet sons and live in South Winnipeg.
As an entrepreneur and former business owner, Janice has been self-employed for over 25 years, most recently as an infrastructure fund development consultant for a multitude of organizations in the fields of:
Invested In The Community
Prior to her election as City Councillor, Janice volunteered and worked with many organizations in South Winnipeg:
- Le Marche St. Norbert Farmers’ Market
- St. Norbert BIZ
- École St. Avila Parent Advisory Committee
- The Forks
- Richmond Kings Community Centre
- St. Norbert Community Centre
- Behavioural Health Foundation
- Ryerson School Parent Advisory Committee
- Dalhousie School
- École Noël‐Ritchot Parent Advisory Committee
- The Winnipeg Trails Association
- Rivers West – Red River Corridor Inc.
- Bike Winnipeg
- Save our Seine
- Pembina Active Living 55+
- Investors Group Field Event Day Stadium Advisory Committee
- Heritage Saint Norbert
- Group Action Saint‐Norbert
- Friends of Upper Fort Garry