Janice was raised on a third‐generation family farm in Manitoba’s Interlake and has made Winnipeg her home for 35 years. With a desire to learn about different lifestyles and cultures, her travels have taken her to Nepal, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Japan, Costa Rica, the Caribbean and England. Family and the Canadian lifestyle brought Janice home to Winnipeg.
Janice met her husband, Richard, while working in the technology industry. Richard and his family emigrated from communist‐occupied Czechoslovakia in 1968, and made their first home on boul Villeneuve in St. Norbert. Today, Janice and Richard have school‐aged triplet sons and continue to live in St. Norbert.
As an entrepreneur and previous business owner, Janice has been self-employed for over 25 years, most recently as an infrastructure fund development consultant for a multitude of organizations in the fields of:
Invested In The Community
Janice has been either a member of or worked with the following community groups and organization, to name just a few:
- Le Marche St. Norbert Farmers’ Market
- St. Norbert BIZ
- École St. Avila Parent Advisory Committee
- The Forks
- Richmond Kings Community Centre
- St. Norbert Community Centre
- Behavioural Health Foundation
- Ryerson School Parent Advisory Committee
- Dalhousie School
- École Noël‐Ritchot Parent Advisory Committee
- The Winnipeg Trails Association
- Rivers West – Red River Corridor Inc.
- Bike Winnipeg
- Save our Seine
- Pembina Active Living 55+
- Investors Group Field Event Day Stadium Advisory Committee
- Heritage Saint Norbert
- Group Action Saint‐Norbert
- Friends of Upper Fort Garry