Citizens Encouraged to Get Involved on City Boards and Commissions
City of Winnipeg News Release – September 23, 2016
The City Clerk’s Office will be accepting applications for positions on various Boards and Commissions from September 23, 2016 to November 18, 2016.
Every September, the City Clerk’s Department initiates an annual selection process to fill citizen member positions to Boards and Commissions on which there are imminent or existing vacancies. Applications are now being accepted to fill vacancies on the following boards and committees:
- Access Advisory Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Revision
- Citizen Equity Committee
- City of Winnipeg Museums Board
- Concordia Hospital Board of Directors
- General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres Board of Directors
- Historical Buildings and Resources Committee
- Library Advisory Committee
- Records Committee
- Seven Oaks House Museum Board
- St. Boniface Museum Board
- St. James Assiniboia Pioneer Association
- St. James-Assiniboia Museum Board
- Transcona Historical Museum Board
- Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
- Winnipeg Committee for Safety
- Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Winnipeg Police Board
- Winnipeg Public Library Board
Canadian citizens who reside in Winnipeg and who are entitled to vote in municipal elections are eligible to apply for these volunteer positions. Applications must be received in the City Clerk’s Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2016 or postmarked no later than Friday, November 18, 2016.
Please visit the following link for more information and application forms: http://www.winnipeg.ca/clerks/boards/CitizenAppointments.stm.
Twitter link: http://janicelukes.ca/?p=6974