Register to Speak on Winnipeg’s 2017 Proposed Budget
Winnipeggers will have the opportunity to speak to members of City Council regarding the 2017 proposed budget and express their thoughts on three separate occasions during the month of December, 2016.
- NOTE: If you wish to speak, you must register in advance.
- For registration details and times allotted to speak, E-Mail email@example.com or phone 311.
- To assist in understanding the City’s financial status and the cost of City services to homeowners, you can review the material I provided for the Riel Area’s 2017 Budget Consultation.
1. Speak to the Standing Policy Committee responsible for the service
The 311 Service Centre can assist in determining the appropriate committee to which you should be speaking regarding your specific issue. As examples, below is a list of the City’s six Standing Policy Committees (SPC):
- Roads, bridges and Winnipeg Transit – Speak to SPC on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works (Chair – Councillor Morantz)
- Water, sewage and garbage – Speak to SPC on Water and Waste, Riverbank Management and the Environment (Chair – Councillor Mayes)
- Development and heritage – Speak to SPC on Property and Development, Heritage and Downtown Development (Chair – Councillor Orlikow)
- Finances – Speak to SPC on Finance (Chair – Councillor Gillingham)
- Innovative ideas re how the City conducts business – Speak to SPC on Innovation (Chair – Councillor Gilroy)
- Protection, parks and community services – Speak to SPC on Protection, Community Services and Parks (Chair – Councillor Pagtakhan)
2. Speak to the Executive Policy Committee (EPC)
The Mayor and the Chairs of the City’s six Standing Policy Committees serve on EPC. If you initially speak to the Standing Policy Committee as your first step, it is recommended you also speak to the Mayor and EPC.
3. Speak to Winnipeg City Council
Mayor Bowman and the City Councillors representing the City’s 15 wards will hear your presentation.
2017 BUDGET SCHEDULE
Members of City Council take information into consideration and vote on the proposed budget, as outlined in the schedule below:
Tuesday, November 22, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
The 2017 preliminary Operating and Capital Budget is tabled by Executive Policy Committee
Monday, November 28, 2016 – 9:30 a.m.
SPC on Water and Waste, Riverbank Management and the Environment
Tuesday, November 29, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
SPC on Infrastructure Renewal & Public Works
Friday, December 2, 2016 – 9:30 a.m.
SPC on Protection and Community Services and Parks
Monday, December 5, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
SPC on Property and Development, Heritage and Downtown Development
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 – 9:30 a.m.
Winnipeg Police Board Meeting
Thursday, December 8, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
Special Executive Policy Committee to hear delegations on Budgets
Friday, December 9, 2016 – 9:00 a.m.
Executive Policy Committee to consider SPC recommendations and table final recommendations
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 – 9:30 a.m.
Special Meeting of Council to pass Budgets
Twitter link: http://janicelukes.ca/?p=7487