UPDATE – Waverley West Recreational Campus
Progress is being made on a key Ward Priority of mine! This is an update on the formal ‘process’ which is under way towards the development of a regional Recreational Campus in the Waverley West area. I currently have many meetings occurring with community stakeholders, organizations and potential partners, in addition to the work which is occurring at various committees.
April 29, 2015
- Motion at Council April 29 2015 Motion YMCA-YWCA MOU to move forward with City of Winnipeg’s Memoradum of Understanding with YM-YWCA
April 14, 2015
- Listen to Item #10: Audio Update of Standing Policy Committee on Property and Development on the Council Motion
February 3, 2015
- Item #10 Waverley West Recreation Campus Motion Feb 3, 2015 to Standing Policy Committee on Property and Development for consideration
- Committee Decision: See Item #6 on the Disposition Report
January 19, 2015
- Item #21 Waverley West Recreation Campus Motion Jan 19 2015 – Motion to move forward
Forthcoming by Mid-November, 2015 (re-scheduled date!)
- City Administration is to provide a full report to Standing Policy Committee on Property and Development with respect to the process for undertaking a regional community recreation campus feasibility study, in the context of the 2013 YMCA-YWCA budget approval and business plan including, without limitation:
- human resources required;
- financial resources required;
- land consolidation / in-kind contributions required; and
- partnership opportunities.
This is a very exciting time for Southwest Winnipeg! Please check back for future updates!
Twitter short link: http://janicelukes.ca/?p=1735