YOUR Transportation Priorities – 2018 City Budget
As the representative for South Winnipeg–St. Norbert, which is Winnipeg’s most populated ward (~68,000 people), I’m inviting you to e-mail me your comments on transportation investments which Winnipeg City Council will be voting upon in the 2018 budget. (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
In the next few months, there will be much discussion around regulations, priorities and what we can afford in the 2018 Budget, specifically related to:
- Roads and Active Transportation
- Winnipeg Transit
- Opening of Portage and Main
Specific dollar values will be presented when the budget is tabled in November/December. For now, I want to start the conversation on your transportation priorities.
As YOUR South Winnipeg–St. Norbert representative at City Hall, I welcome and ENCOURAGE your input and comments.
For Transportation Junkies
We are living in one of the most exciting times this City has seen since the invention of the wheel!
- Record setting road rehabilitation/construction investments
- Record setting active transportation investments
- Record setting investments and creation of one of the most advanced Transportation Management Centres in North America
- Seismic shifts in rides for hire and ride sharing with the arrival of GoManitoba (RideShark) as well as pending legislation changes to support the arrival of Uber
- Record setting investments in public transit COMBINED with record setting DECLINES in USE of public transit and the CANCELLATION of stable Provincial funding
- The “Opening Portage and Main” discussions, debates and investments
Tough decisions are on the horizon – your input and guidance are VERY WELCOME. Please E-Mail your feedback to email@example.com