- This event has passed.
Fall Curbside Giveaway Weekend
September 9, 2017 - September 10, 2017
Winnipeg’s Fall Curbside Giveaway Weekend is coming September 9 and 10, and it is the perfect time to find a new home for your gently-used, unwanted items. This is also the perfect time to hunt for some new to you treasures in your neighbourhood, community and city.
Tips if you are giving away items:
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street.
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign.
- Store items out of sight that you don’t want to give away.
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
Examples of giveaway items include:
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Furniture, electronics and small appliances
- Sports equipment and toys
- Yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, shovels)
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
- Unwanted gifts
- Construction material (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
Please do not put out:
- Items that could be unsafe
- Items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, bedding)
- Toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
Tips if you are cruising the curbs looking for treasures:
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE”.
- Check all items closely to ensure they are safe and in good condition before you put them in your vehicle or bring them into your home.
- Don’t walk or drive on private lawns or gardens.
- Don’t discard any items on private property.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block driveways with your vehicle).
- Watch out for children.
For more details on the giveaway weekend, including what to do with leftover items:
- Visit City of Winnipeg – Giveaway weekends
- Call 311 any time or email email@example.com
- Download the My Waste app at winnipeg.ca/mywaste
- For information on items that aren’t safe to give away (e.g., baby walkers, lawn darts), please visit, Government of Canada – Consumer Product Safety.