- This event has passed.
Open House – Phase 2 South Perimeter Highway Design Study
January 14 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm| Free
The below information is from the Government of Manitoba’s website. I encourage you to attend for a chance to provide your input.
Public Engagement Strategy
Engaging stakeholders and the public is an important component of the study. An effective and robust engagement program has been developed (targeting landowners, stakeholders, local governments, and the public) to communicate information about the study, identify issues and concerns and to help inform the study’s design options.
The stakeholder and public engagement strategy is divided into three phases:
- Phase 1, occurred in summer 2018 and introduced the study to local governments, stakeholders and the public. It provided preliminary study information, including its scope, purpose, timeline, and intent. This phase of engagement included meetings with local governments, facilitated group stakeholder meetings, open houses, pop-up booths and online engagement.
- Phase 2 commenced in Fall 2018 and is planned to be complete by February 2019. In Phase 2, several options are presented on the roadway and interchange alternatives for both PTH 100 and the future proposed St. Norbert bypass to obtain feedback. Like Phase 1, Phase 2 includes meetings with local governments, facilitated group stakeholder meetings, open houses, pop-up booths and online engagement.
- Phase 3, is scheduled to occur in the summer of 2019. In Phase 3 the proposed functional design of the PTH 100 alignment, its associated structures and the future proposed St. Norbert bypass alignment will be presented to the public and any final feedback will be collected.
Open House Events for Phase 2
As part of Phase 2, three open house events will be held in January 2019. Please join us at one of the following open house events to view the various design options and speak with members of the project team.
- Monday, January 14, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
South Winnipeg Community Centre, 666 Silverstone Avenue, Winnipeg
- Thursday, January 17, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Oak Bluff Recreation Club, 101-123 MacDonald Road, Oak Bluff
- Tuesday, January 22, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Dakota Community Centre, 1188 Dakota Street, Winnipeg
If you are unable to attend one of the open house events, all of the material will be available on this website:
Public Engagement Open House Boards & Online Survey Link
Phase 2 documents will be available Thursday, January 14.