- This event has passed.
Rendez-Vous on the Red – 150 Canoes on the Rouge!
June 23, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Join Rivers West and the voyageurs of the La Brigade de la Rivière Rouge in this historic gathering on the Red River to mark Canada’s 150th birthday!
In 2017, Canadians are uniting for Canada 150 from coast to coast to coast by celebrating their Canadian Heritage Rivers at the heart of their communities, reminding Canadians of the importance and value of our heritage rivers.
In partnership with La Brigade de la Rivière Rouge, Rivers West is coordinating a paddle from St. Jean-Baptiste to The Forks in Winnipeg from June 22 – 24. Rendez-Vous on the Red will include overnight stops in Ste. Agathe and St. Norbert where communities are invited to join in a BBQ and evening celebration with cultural and musical programming.
The celebration in St. Norbert takes place on Friday, June 23, and there’s lots of great activities planned!
Rendez-Vous on the Red Schedule on Friday, June 23
- 4:00 p.m. Interpretive tours of park and buildings at St. Norbert Provincial Heritage Park (Turnbull Drive)
- 5:30 / 6:00 pm Brigade arrives at St. Norbert Provincial Heritage Park
- Greeting and gun salute by La Compagnie de LaVérendrye
- Community BBQ (complimentary hamburgers, hot dogs, salad and beverages)
- Aboriginal ceremony
- 7:00 p.m. Tibert le Voyageur (storyteller)
- Traditional music and singing around the campfire
For more details of Rendez-Vous on the Red on June 22-24, visit Rivers West – Canada 150.