Winnipeg Transit Options for Grey Cup Festivities
The City of Winnipeg is excited to welcome the 103rd Grey Cup Festival to our city this year! As this is a major special event which will result in the City being very busy, especially on Pembina Highway, it is expected that buses servicing the Fort Garry and Investors Group Field area will also be busy. Regular Transit riders and Grey Cup patrons are advised to plan ahead and leave early to ensure a timely arrival to their destinations.
To get you to the game and pre-game celebrations safely, Winnipeg Transit has several route options available to you. Route options for Winnipeg Transit service during Grey Cup festivities are outlined below. As well, Grey Cup patrons are encouraged to check bus schedules winnipegtransit.com before leaving for celebrations and on game day.
103rd Grey Cup Festival Week – Shuttle Services
Two special shuttle routes will operate from Thursday, November 26 until Saturday, November 28 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., as well as late-night departures from the Convention Centre to various hotels at midnight, 1:00 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.
- The BLUE route will service hotels in the airport area and along Pembina Highway.
- The GOLD route will service the downtown area hotels linking to the Convention Centre venue and The University of Winnipeg venues. Festival Week BLUE and GOLD shuttles are FREE. No fares will be charged on these specially-marked buses.
- For more information on festival bus service, please see 103rd Grey Cup Festival Service.
103rd Grey Cup Festival Game Day: Pre-game Service
Extra buses will be added to the following regular Transit routes:
- 60 Pembina
- 75 Crosstown East
- 78 Crosstown West
- 160 University of Manitoba
There are six Park & Ride locations across the city providing non-stop service on specially marked Grey Cup buses to Winnipeg Stadium. Park & Ride locations are:
- A – McPhillips Station Casino, 484 McPhillips Street
- B – Club Regent, 1425 Regent Avenue West
- C – St. Vital, Centre Scolaire Leo-Remillard, 1095 St. Anne’s Road
- D – Manitoba Hydro, 820 Taylor Avenue
- E – Assiniboia Downs, 3975 Portage Avenue
- F – Southdale Red River Co-op, 77 Vermillion Road
- The Running Back Shuttle will run from the Stadium in a clockwise loop. Buses will operate west on Chancellor Matheson, north on Pembina, and south on University Crescent back to the stadium. The Running Back Shuttle will begin operating 90 minutes before game time and will operate every 10 minutes.
- Note: the last Running Back Shuttle will arrive at Investors Group Field 10 minutes after the game is scheduled to begin and will not operate after the game.
- The Airport Hotels to Investors Group Field Express will take passengers to and from Winnipeg Stadium beginning at 3:30 p.m. Buses will operate every ten minutes; the last bus departing for the stadium will be at 5:00 p.m.
- On Game Day, Grey Cup ticket holders can board any Winnipeg Transit regular route or game day special event bus (Park & Ride, Running Back Shuttle or Airport-IGF Express) for FREE going to the Investors Group Field stadium provided they show their game day ticket to the bus operator at the time of boarding. This starts two hours in advance of kick-off.
- For more info on game day Transit service, please see 103rd Grey Cup Game Day Service.
103rd Grey Cup Festival Game Day – Post-game Service
- All Park & Ride service and extra regular service on routes 75, 78 (via Cambridge and via Kenaston) and 160 will be lined up on Chancellor Matheson Road heading west towards Pembina Highway. Route 170 can be caught at its regular stop at University Crescent at Freedman Crescent.
- The Airport Hotels to Investors Group Field Express will depart on Chancellor Matheson Road.
- After the game, all Grey Cup ticket holders can board for FREE on any of the Winnipeg Transit regular route or game day special event buses leaving from Investors Group Field.
- For more info, please see Investors Group Field Post-Game Grey Cup Boarding Locations.
Twitter link: http://janicelukes.ca/?p=3834