Snow Route Parking Ban Extended – Midnight to 7 a.m.
Snow routes are the TOP PRIORITY for snow clearing in Winnipeg. In order to facilitate a major plowing operation on these priority routes, a Declared Snow Route Parking Ban will be in effect starting tonight at 12 a.m. (midnight) on Thursday, December 8. This extends the Annual Snow Route Parking Ban by TWO HOURS, prohibiting parking on any designated snow route between midnight and 7:00 a.m.
- Due to heavy amounts of snow, City crews are continuing to salt, sand and plow main routes, bus routes and collector streets today and tonight using motor graders.
- Sidewalks on main routes and active transportation paths adjacent to main routes are also being cleared until completed.
- Clearing of snow from back lanes began this morning at 7:00 a.m. and will continue until completed.
It’s important that vehicles are not parked on snow routes from midnight to 7 a.m. in order to enable rapid and efficient snow clearing of these critical routes. Vehicles parked in violation of the Annual Snow Route Parking Ban can receive a $100 ticket ($50 if paid early), and may be towed to the towing company’s compound.
For more details, visit:
- Location of Snow Routes
- Snow Route Parking Bans – Stay informed
- City’s Public Works Department – Operations Update