June 10th Trails Day Celebration in South Winnipeg-St. Norbert Ward!
Please join me on Saturday, June 10 as we unveil TWO new, unique benches on the Bishop Grandin Greenway!
I’m VERY pleased to be providing funding support for these benches in the South Winnipeg-St. Norbert Ward. Through a partnership with the Winnipeg Trails Association, StoreFront MB and sponsor support, these one-of-a-kind benches will be installed on the Bishop Grandin Greenway for all to enjoy.
There will be an official bench unveiling on Saturday, June 10 – on International Trails Day! Please join me at the unveilings of both benches, or meet me at bench closest to you! We’ll be starting at 10:30 a.m.:
- 10:30 am Pothole Bench Unveiling (located behind Crampton’s Market, where Bishop Grandin Greenway leads into Bridgwater Forest – SEE MAP BELOW)
Next, we will be biking/taking a brisk walk to the second bench:
- 11:40 am Scattered Spheres Bench Unveiling (located on Bishop Grandin Greenway, on the berm just west of Red River and leading into Fort Richmond – SEE MAP BELOW)
After all that biking, walking and excitement, it will be time for lunch!!!
- 12:30 pm Free BBQ and walking tours of Henteleff Park (1964 St Mary’s Avenue in South St. Vital)
Need more details?
- Activities on International Trails Day: http://www.winnipegtrails.ca/international-trails-day-june-10/
- Bench Design Competition: http://storefrontmb.ca/about-benchmark/
- Henteleff Park: http://henteleffpark.org/
POT HOLE BENCH LOCATION:
SCATTERED SPHERES BENCH LOCATION: