May 19-23 Closure of Pembina Highway between Jubilee and Stafford
IMPORTANT NOTICE! Over the Victoria Day long weekend in May, there will be a complete closure of northbound and southbound Pembina Highway between Jubilee Avenue and Stafford Street, as follows:
- The roadway will be completely closed to vehicular traffic starting at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, May 19 until 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 23.
- This closure is for construction of the Southwest Rapid Transitway (Stage 2) project and Pembina Highway widening.
- Construction will take place around-the-clock during this closure.
Roadway access for Transit and emergency vehicles will be maintained during the closure.
Pedestrian access will be maintained by a shuttle service, with two pick-up and drop-off points located:
- north of the underpass on the east side of Pembina Highway opposite Harrow Street, and
- south of the underpass on the east side at the Jubilee Avenue yield onto Pembina Highway.
Motorists should allow additional time to get to their destinations, and use alternate routes such as Osborne Street, Waverley Street or Kenaston Boulevard.
For updates on City of Winnipeg lane closures and to view lane closures of major streets on an interactive map, please visit City of Winnipeg – Regional Lane Closures Download and use the Waze app for real-time traffic and incident updates.