Winter Weather Causing City Service Delays
Due to winter weather conditions, some City of Winnipeg departments are experiencing service delays and interruptions as listed below.
Recycling and Garbage Collection
- Recycling and garbage collection continues to be delayed due to accumulations of snow.
- If yesterday (Tuesday) was your collection day and your garbage and recycling has not been collected by 4 p.m. today, please call 311 to report a missed collection.
- If today (Wednesday) is your collection day, please leave your carts out until 9 p.m. tonight. If they are not collected today, please place them out again Thursday morning before 7 a.m.
- If Thursday is your collection day, please place your carts out as per normal (before 7 a.m.).
- Tips for placing your cart during winter are available at City of Winnipeg – Cart Placement.
- For more information on your recycling and garbage collection day, visit City of Winnipeg – Collection Days
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service
- Adverse weather conditions affect travel times for all vehicles on the road, including emergency vehicles. WFPS is currently experiencing longer response times.
- To help improve response times today, two extra ambulances have been placed in service starting at 7 a.m. Response times will be monitored throughout the day and additional resources will be placed on duty if necessary.
Winnipeg Transit and Handi-Transit
- Due to continuing weather conditions, Winnipeg Transit anticipates service delays during today’s afternoon/early evening commute.
- It is recommended that Transit users allow for extra travel time and to check their schedule before travelling. For route and schedule information, please visit City of Winnipeg – Transit or contact 311, open 24 hours every day, by phone at 311 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Handi Transit is experiencing service delays. Clients are asked to please cancel any non-essential trips planned for today through the automated line by calling 204-986-5711. Or they can call 204-986-5722 to speak to an agent.
- Citizens wishing to visit Brookside, Transcona or St. Vital cemeteries today are advised to confirm accessibility in advance by checking City of Winnipeg – Cemeteries or contacting 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by phone or by email at email@example.com.