Rental Housing Around U of M : Ward Priorities
The communities of Fort Richmond and University Heights surround the University of Manitoba. Residential areas surrounding an expanding university can present many opportunities and challenges. Currently, these communities are experiencing a rental housing challenge related to a student housing shortage.
Filing a Complaint or Requesting Service for Rental Housing/Property Issues:
- As the City of Winnipeg’s system is currently complaint-based, you must file a report with the 311 Service Centre. This is a very important step as the City is tracking the number of calls and collecting information to help us understand the extent of the problem. Phone 311 or E-mail email@example.com.
Contacts for Questions on Rental Housing:
UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA
- Off Campus Housing Coordinator: Carolyn Kerr
- Phone (204) 474-6404 E-Mail: Carolyn.Kerr@umanitoba.ca
- The Coordinator monitors the web page, reviews requests to post rental properties, posts rental ads, etc. on the U of M’s Off-Campus Housing webpage (https://och.cc.umanitoba.ca/)
- Director of Government and Community Engagement: VACANT
- Phone xx E-Mail: xx
- The Director can provide information on the U of M’s student housing strategy.
CITY OF WINNIPEG
- Chief Zoning Officer: Michelle Hammerberg
- Phone (204) 986-5259 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community By-Law Enforcement Services
- Phone (204) 986-2234