Cllr. Lukes Requesting Trustees To Reduce Weekend Gymnasium Rental Rates
I look forward to presenting at the Pembina Trails Budget meeting this evening and speaking to points in the Presentation I prepared.
I’d like to thank the many residents who’ve reached out to me looking for recreation space. As noted in the press release – we are making significant progress on the new South Winnipeg Recreation Campus, but until the campus is constructed I am hoping to secure more affordable rates so that families and organizations can have access to recreation.
The benefits of recreation cannot be overstated. Recreation is:
- Essential to Personal Health
- Key to Balanced Human Development
- Essential to Quality of Life
- Reduces Self-Destructive and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Builds Strong Families and Healthy Communities
- Reduces Health Care, Social Service and Police/Justice Costs