2020 Active Transportation Construction – Waverley West
2020 Active Transportation Projects – Waverley West
There is a tremendous investment in Active Transportation this year throughout the City. In addition, more roads have restricted vehicle access Monday – Sunday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm to allow more space for pedestrians and cyclists. See Expanded Routes
In the Waverley West ward we have an incredible network of sidewalks and pathways – see Waverley West Active Transportation Network map. This year, construction will occur to the following sidewalks and pathways.
- Chancellor Drive: between Gaylene Place and Rapid Transit Corridor
- Chancellor Drive: between West Lake Crescent and Rapid Transit Corridor
Multi Use Pathways:
- Replacing old sidewalk with multi use pathway in Lake Albin Park
- Replacing old pathways with multi use pathways in Scurfield Park
- Brand new multi-use pathway on east side of Waverley – between Scurfield and Chevrier (yes! Beside Manitoba Hydro! I’ve worked to get this one installed for years! City needed easement from Mb Hydro – finally!)
- Bison Pointe Pathway Widening – a long time coming and fanatic news (photo below)
- $2.1 M of pathways and sidewalk are being incorporated into the $9.9M reconstruction of University Crescent. Extensive upgrades to walking and cycling will occur. Watch for upcoming opportunity for input.