AGM: Fort Richmond University Heights Neighbourhood Association
Please join myself, area residents and guests for the 3rd Ft Richmond University Heights Neighbourhood Association Annual General Meeting!
DATE: Tuesday, May 15th
TIME: 7:00 – 9:00 pm
LOCATION: Richmond Kings Community Centre, 666 Silverstone Ave.
Refreshments will be provided.
ATTN STREET CAPTAINS: Welcome to the Neighbourhood Postcards and Fire Brochures will be available for you to pick up for your spring mailbox drop!
At the AGM we will be looking for a few new volunteers to become active in the board. Nominations followed by an election will be held! I really ENCOURAGE you to consider volunteering in a role to learn more about your neighbourhood and provide support on this important project. A list of roles with descriptions and approximate time commitments will be available.
The Association has invited the following guest to speak briefly:
- WinnipegREALTORS – to provide insight on home values in the area as compared to City wide pricing
- To provide insight into the enforcement of the REALTOR Code of Ethics
I will be speaking on:
- New data released by City of Winnipeg on illegal rooming houses in the community and data I’ve been collecting
- Updates on the licensing study the City is conducting
- New apartments approved along Pembina and University Crescent
- Foreign language signage
- The ward boundary changes and my continued work on illegal rooming houses
I will also be inviting any candidates who I know are considering running for the City Councillor role in the Fort Richmond area in the upcoming 2018 Civic election (See Ward Boundary Changes)
This will be a VERY informative session – I will have many hard copies of my Councillors Report to the Community on Illegal Rooming Houses to hand out and I look forward to seeing everyone!