Catchment Area for New Schools
My office is receiving many calls on the catchment areas for the new elementary and high schools being constructed in Bison Run.
- Determining catchment areas is ultimately voted on by your elected school trustees.
- I and any City of Winnipeg Councillor have no jurisdiction / authority over this issue. Schools are under the jurisdiction of the Province of Manitoba
- I work on road issues, garbage, sewer and water, development issues, etc. and have no involvement with catchment areas.
You can discuss questions and concerns with your elected representatives (Ward 3 School Trustees): Julie Fisher, Cindy Natchigall and Kathleen McMillan
You can also contact Mr Ted Fransen, Pembina Trails School Division Superintendent: Ted Fransen
CATCHMENT AREA DETAILS:
New information for the catchment areas for the new schools has been posted on the Pembina Trails School Division website: Notice of Motion
- May 20th If you want to speak to the motion and catchment areas at the May 26th School Trustees monthly board meeting, you must register with Emily Vickers by end of day May 20th.
- May 26th is when the proposed catchment areas will be discussed at the Pembina Trails School Division Trustees monthly meeting.
Again, as a City Councillor, I have no authority, influence or any involvement in the determination of catchment areas.