Citizens Encouraged to Get Involved on City Boards and Commissions
The City of Winnipeg will be accepting applications for positions on various Boards and Commissions from August 1, 2017 to October 20, 2017. The City Clerk’s Department initiates an annual selection process to fill citizen member positions to Boards and Commissions on which there are imminent or existing vacancies.
Applications are now being accepted to fill vacancies on the following boards:
- Access Advisory Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Revision
- Citizen Equity Committee
- General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres Board of Directors
- Library Advisory Committee
- Seven Oaks House Museum Board
- St. Boniface Museum Board
- Grant’s Old Mill (St. James-Assiniboia Pioneer Association)
- St. James-Assiniboia Museum Board
- Transcona Historical Museum Board
- Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
- Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Winnipeg Public Library Board
Canadian citizens who reside in Winnipeg and who are entitled to vote in municipal elections are eligible to apply for these positions. Applications must be received by the City Clerk’s Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 20, 2017 or postmarked no later than Friday, October 20, 2017.
For more information or to apply, visit: http://www.winnipeg.ca/clerks/boards/CitizenAppointments.stm
Twitter link: https://janicelukes.ca/?p=9823