Crime Prevention Funding Available – Your Ideas
The Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program was established to support community-level activities that:
- strengthen local crime prevention and community safety efforts,
- promote the exchange of information between community residents,
- help build closer relationships between communities and the Winnipeg Police Service.
2022 Program applications may be approved to a maximum of $5,000 per application.
- Program applicants must be a not-for-profit community entity, group or association
- Funded activities must take place in the city of Winnipeg
- Funded activities must be aimed at:
- Reducing preventable crime
- Increasing communication and knowledge amongst community members
- Encouraging reporting of criminal activity
- Improving levels of personal and neighbourhood security
- Helping to reduce the fear of crime
- Preference will be given to applications that focus on preventing illicit drug activity
This is a good grassroots initiative for the community – what are your ideas ?
Interested groups are asked to submit their applications by 4:30pm on July 22nd, 2022. To see what types of activities other groups are doing with funding to prevent crime, see the list of past recipients at the bottom of this page, which also includes the application forms: Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program