Crime Prevention Funding Available – Your Ideas
A Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program has been established to support community-level activities that:
- strengthen local crime prevention and community safety efforts,
- promote the exchange of information between community residents,
- help build closer relationships between communities and the Winnipeg Police Service.
Funding up to $5000 may be approved for ideas that:
- Reduce preventable crime
- Increase communication and knowledge amongst community members
- Encourage reporting of criminal or suspicious activity
- Improve levels of personal and neighbourhood security
- Help to reduce the fear of crime
*Preference will be given to applications that focus on preventing illicit drug activity*
This is a good grass roots initiative for the community. This is a new funding program where anything is possible – what are your ideas ?
To see what types of activities other groups are doing to prevent crime – see bottom of page at Community Safety and Crime Prevention Program