Extended Hours for Overnight Parking Ban – Midnight to 7 AM on Designated Streets
The City of Winnipeg has declared additional overnight plowing is required on designated snow routes. The implementation of this ban extends the annual snow route parking ban by two hours.
As a result, vehicles are now prohibited from parking on designated snow routes as follows:
- From midnight Thursday, December 17 to 7 a.m. on Friday, December 18
- From midnight Friday, December 18 to 7 a.m. on Saturday, December 19
To see the streets designated with an overnight snow route parking ban:
There are multiple ways to stay informed on parking bans:
- Subscribe to E-mail News to automatically receive notices of parking bans on your street
- Enter street address on the Citizens’ Information Service to learn about parking bans on specific streets
- Watch, listen to, and read the news coverage from local media
IMPORTANT: The City needs everyone’s cooperation during this time so that we can deliver the high quality snow clearing service that we know Winnipeggers expect. If a citizen doesn’t move their car, snow clearing equipment cannot clear the whole curb lane which impacts everyone using that roadway. Citizens and the City have the same goal when it comes to snow clearing: roadways that are cleared properly in a quick and efficient manner.
Twitter link: https://janicelukes.ca/?p=4211