Residential Snow Clearing – January 12, 2024
Plowing of residential streets will begin Sunday January 14th, 2024.
Back lanes are being plowed starting Friday January 12, 2024
Residential Parking Ban has been declared and will be in effect starting Sunday January 14, 2024 at 7p.m. until Wednesday January 17, 2024 at 7a.m.
Extended Winter Routes in effect Friday January 12, 2024 midnight to 7a.m. Tuesday January 16, 2024
Residents are urged to confirm their snow zone letter in order to determine when their residential street is scheduled for clearing. You can find your snow zone with the:
- Address lookup tool
- See the ZONE MAP
- Contact 311
- Know your Zone App (good to use if you are parking in parts of the city where you are not familiar with the area zone)
Avoid A Ticket And Tow
- For the residential streets that are scheduled, residents are urged to find an alternate place to park such as an off-street driveway or parking lot, or a nearby street that is not currently scheduled for plowing. This will help the plowing operation run smoothly and will prevent you from being ticketed and towed.
- Vehicles parked in violation of the Residential Parking Ban may receive a ticket. If you believe your vehicle may have been towed due to the Residential Parking Ban, please contact 311 for assistance in locating it.
- NEW – Courtesy tows will not be provided this year
- NEW– The Winter Route Parking Ban will be suspended for the duration of the residential parking ban – to provide residents with more options during a snow clearing operation. Once the residential parking ban is lifted, the annual winter route parking ban will be in effect daily from 2a.m. to 7a.m.
Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) technology will be used to identify vehicles parked in violation of Residential Parking Bans to ensure greater city-wide parking enforcement coverage, improve motorist compliance with winter parking bans, and improve our overall snow clearing service. Those parked in violation will receive tickets in the mail, rather than on the windshield of their vehicle; however, enforcement officers will continue to hand-deliver penalty notices to vehicles when necessary.
ALPR technology will also be used to identify vehicles parked in violation of the Annual Snow Route Parking Ban.
Annual Snow Route
Tuesday January 16, 2024 2.am.
More information about winter parking bans and snow operations is available at winnipeg.ca/snow.