South Winnipeg Recreation Campus UPDATE – December 2022
A lot of work is underway to gather community input into the development of this new regional recreation facility, being designed to serve upwards of 120,000 people! This is the first phase of the campus – if you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org We welcome any input, ideas and thoughts you would like to share!
The City has compiled a lot of background information on this project that can be found on the City’s South Winnipeg Recreation Campus ENGAGE web page.
- In particular, check out the ‘Documents’ and ‘Important Links’ section of web page, posted in the bottom right corner for a good in depth overview on the project.
- November 2022 – Two workshops were held to gather community input and a survey is open till Monday, December 12th to gather feedback. Take the Survey BUT, please know, if you miss the survey deadline, you can always email input to me at email@example.com
- Winter – Spring 2023 – All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated into a draft design
- Spring 2023 – A design will be presented to the community for review
- 2024 – 2025 – Construction will occur
- Mid 2025 – Recreation Campus opens
Touring Other Facilities:
Over the years I’ve toured large facilities in Edmonton, Calgary and Ottawa. This month I toured two local facilities! Thank you to MLA Jon Reyes for organizing the tours of the centres in Winkler and Niverville. I’ve posted photos and a brief summary on each – SEE Touring Manitoba Recreation Centres
Thank you to everyone who has provided input, and I will keep you updated as this project develops.