Upgrades for Pembina Trails Library
I am very pleased share with you that Pembina Trails Library will be receiving some much needed upgrades starting May 5th! The Pembina Trail Library at 2724 Pembina Highway will close on May 5th for approximately 3 months for much needed renovations this spring as the building is now 30 years old.
The renovation projects include:
- New sliding front entrance doors (2 sets) for easier access to the building
- Relocated book return at the side of the building that will be available 24/7
- New flooring and paint throughout the entire interior
- New single service desk
- New tutorial room for public use (formerly a staff office)
- New UTR/Gender non-specific washroom will replace the two small children’s washrooms
- Rearranged collections to make them easier to browse and use
- Moving the children’s area so it is more accessible for customers and more easily monitored by staff
- Replacing existing worn out furniture
- Creating additional and much needed space for customers
Library service for Pembina Trail borrowers is available at Louis Riel Library and Fort Garry Library during the anticipated 3-month closure period. Holds will be sent to the Fort Garry Library,1360 Pembina Hwy, during the closure. The Pembina Trail book return will be closed. Items can be returned to any other branch of the Winnipeg Public Library.
ALSO – outside the library, a new bike parking and tool hub will be installed. Parking racks, an air pump, tools and more will be installed!
Construction will be an inconvenience, but the upgrades are needed!