South Winnipeg-St. Norbert Ward Residential Snow Parking Ban Starts 7 p.m. December 19
Plowing of residential streets will begin on December 19 to improve the overall condition of residential streets. As a result, a Residential Parking Ban has been declared and will be in effect starting Saturday, December 19 at 7:00 p.m. Citizens are encouraged to find out their snow zone letter well in advance of the start of the residential plow and to make alternate parking arrangements if they park on the street.
FIND YOUR SNOW ZONE
- SEE MAP – South Winnipeg-St. Norbert Ward snow zones
- Find your snow zone with the City’s Address Lookup Tool at knowyourzone.winnipeg.ca
- Contact 311 (phone 311 or email email@example.com).
SOUTH WINNIPEG-ST. NORBERT WARD – RESIDENTIAL PARKING BAN SCHEDULE
Starting at 7:00 p.m. Saturday, December, 19, residents in the snow zones listed below will need to move their vehicles as plowing will be underway in those zones until 7:00 a.m. the following day.
- Zones D, H, R – Saturday, December 19 from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Sunday, December 20
- Zones E, T – Sunday, December 20 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sunday, December 20
- Zones B, S – Sunday, December 20 from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Monday, December 21
- Zone C – Monday, December 21 from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 22
Avoid a ticket and tow: Residents are urged to find an alternate place to park such as an off-street driveway or parking lot, or a nearby street that is not currently scheduled for plowing. This will help the plowing operation run smoothly and prevent you from being ticketed and towed. During both the day and night shifts, vehicles will be courtesy towed to a nearby street. As the location of the vehicle will be GPS’d, contact 311 to locate your vehicle. You will be asked to provide your vehicle’s license number and description.
Stay back, stay safe: More than 400 pieces of heavy equipment will be used for this snow clearing operation so motorists are reminded to drive to road conditions and to use extreme caution when driving near snow clearing equipment or sanding trucks.
Parking ban notification: The City offers free email and Twitter notifications which advise subscribers when a parking ban goes into effect. To sign up for notifications, or for more info on parking bans visit knowyourzone.winnipeg.ca or contact 311.
Twitter link: https://janicelukes.ca/?p=4217