May 31 Community Update on Rental Property Issues
Mark your calendar for this important community update on rental property issues:
TIME: 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 31
PLACE: Pinnacle Club at Investors Group Field (315 Chancellor Matheson Road)
Ample parking is available!
Significant progress on this priority issue has occurred over the winter, thanks to the diligent work of volunteers with the Fort Richmond-University Heights Neighbourhood Association. As summer and early fall is “prime time” for rental property issues, the May 31st meeting will outline MULTIPLE NEW developments:
- Partnership with Neighbourhood Association and City of Winnipeg By-law Enforcement Team
- New parking By-laws – with teeth!
- Website hosting tools and educational information for Residents, Tenants (Students) & Landlords
- The Importance of doing a Street Inventory
- Inventory of Rental Properties advertised on Kijiji and other sites
- Partnership with City of Winnipeg Taxation Department (related to rental home tax evasion)
- University of Manitoba Research Assignment
- And more!
Everyone – residents, tenants and landlords – is welcome to attend this meeting! I look forward to seeing you! To learn more about this issue, visit: Ward Priorities – Rental Housing.
twitter link: https://janicelukes.ca/?p=5937