“Secondary Suites” Public Information Session
In the South Winnipeg-St. Norbert ward, from 2008 to 2015, a total of 5 permits for Secondary Suites were requested and approved.
- For details, refer to this very good description of Secondary Suites
- Visit the City’s Planning, Property and Development page for planning, zoning and building information for secondary suites
To increase the general understanding of this type of development, the City of Winnipeg is hosting a free public information session on secondary suite development (also known as granny suites or in-law suites).
The event is free, but advance registration is required:
- Date: 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 14, 2017
- Location: Millennium Library (251 Donald Street), 2nd Floor – Buchwald Room
Workshop participants will learn about attached and detached secondary suites, why the City of Winnipeg is promoting their development, and what regulations and processes are required to build secondary suites.
Refreshments will be provided and seating is limited.
Interested participants should register by phone or by email no later than Friday, January 6, 2017:
- Phone: 204-986-2636
- Email: PlanningEd@winnipeg.ca