Residential Street Plow – Know Your Zone
Plowing of residential streets will begin Saturday morning to improve the condition of residential streets. As a result, a Residential Parking Ban has been declared and will be in effect starting Saturday, November 27 at 7 a.m.
With consistently milder temperatures in the immediate forecast, crews will be able to clear residential streets that have seen ice buildup due to recent thawing and freezing conditions, while minimizing the risk of extensive curb and boulevard damage during clearing operations.
Residents are urged to confirm their snow zone letter in order to determine when their residential street is scheduled for clearing. You can find your snow zone with the:
- Address lookup tool
- See the ZONE MAP
- Contact 311
- Know your Zone App (good to use if you are parking in parts of the city where you are not familiar with the area zone)
Specific to the Waverley West Ward – Residential Parking Ban Schedule
- Saturday, November 27, 2021 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, November 27, 2021
- Saturday, November 27, 2021 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday, November 28, 2021
- Sunday, November 28, 2021 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, November 28, 2021
- Sunday, November 28, 2021 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday, November 29, 2021
Avoid A Ticket And Tow
- For the residential streets that are scheduled, residents are urged to find an alternate place to park such as an off-street driveway or parking lot, or a nearby street that is not currently scheduled for plowing. This will help the plowing operation run smoothly and will prevent you from being ticketed and towed.
- Vehicles parked in violation of the Residential Parking Ban may receive a $150 ticket ($112.50 if paid early), and may be towed to a nearby street that is not scheduled to be plowed, or has already been cleared. If you believe your vehicle may have been towed due to the Residential Parking Ban, please contact 311 for assistance in locating it.
More information about winter parking bans and snow operations is available at winnipeg.ca/snow.