City Business & the Economy
Please know the City is shifting processes to enable Council and Committee meetings to proceed. City clerks are working to hold these meetings virtually.
See the schedule of April/May Committee meetings
If you wish to speak or present, please register through 311 or email@example.com
- If you have ANY QUESTIONS, call/email me: firstname.lastname@example.org or (204) 986-6824
MAY 6, 2020
- We should have a list of Council and Committees of Council schedule of meetings through August 31, 2020, including Community Committees, Board of Adjustment and other committees, as determined to be feasible by the City Clerk.
We should have options to delegate the decision making authority on certain matters, for a period of 120 days, beginning May 2020, including but not limited to the consideration of the following:
- The delegation of authority to the Chief Administrative Officer to approve all Award of Contracts when the award is within a Council approved budget.
- The delegation of authority to the Director of Planning, Property and Development to decide on all “C” Conditional Use and Variance applications, which would typically be decided on by the Board of Adjustment.
- The delegation of authority to ward Councillors to approve expenditures of Per Capita Grant funds and Community Incentive Grant and Land Dedication