FIFA Fever, Traffic and Parking
The FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™ games in Winnipeg take place in June on the following dates:
- Monday, June 8 – 3:00 p.m. (Sweden vs. Nigeria) and 6:30 p.m. (USA vs. Australia)
- Friday, June 12 – 4:00 p.m. (Australia vs. Nigeria) and 7:00 p.m. (USA vs. Sweden)
- Monday, June 15 – 3:00 p.m. (Thailand vs. Germany) and 6:30 p.m. (China PR vs. New Zealand)
- Tuesday, June 16 – 4:00 p.m. (Ecuador vs. Japan)
Investors Group Field will be referred to as Winnipeg Stadium for the tournament, with FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™ having complete control of the site for the duration of the games. Every effort will be made to minimize the impact that this special event has on local neighbourhoods.
- Probably the most important thing to understand is FIFA games are starting earlier than any Blue Bomber game. Traffic patterns WILL BE DIFFERENT. Please anticipate rush hour traffic delays.
- Parking restrictions around the stadium, including University Heights and Fort Richmond, will be in effect at 5:00 p.m. on these days. Ticket sales for this event are very high, particularly on June 8 and June 12 when the USA plays in the second game.
- Rush hour traffic will be impacted on all game days, with traffic flow for this event being closely monitored and adjustments being made accordingly.
FIFA TRANSPORTATION PLAN – Updated on June 4 SEE HERE
- FIFA has been working with the City of Winnipeg to develop a comprehensive transportation plan that is being communicated to all FIFA ticket holders. The plan consists of hotel shuttles, park and rides, transit and parking locations, taxis details and more.
WINNIPEG PARKING AUTHORITY SEE HERE
- If you have any parking related inquiries, the Winnipeg Parking Authority has a very comprehensive site. During FIFA games, there will be many parking patrols in the area. If you have ANY questions, please feel free to ask a patrol member.
Twitter short link: https://janicelukes.ca/?p=2134