Message from Councillor Lukes
To the residents of the Waverley West Ward:
There is an incredible amount of information coming from all directions – and I want residents to know I am available to attempt to answer any questions you may have.
- WHAT do you want to know from your City Councillor over the coming days/weeks?
- WHAT Waverley West specific information do you want me to be sharing?
You can contact me in many ways: https://janicelukes.ca/…/councillor-lukes-office-hours-cov…/
I’m following official sites to ensure information is accurate. I have posted the links to City / Province / Gov’t of Canada on the front page of my website. www.JaniceLukes.ca for easy access to FACTS.
- You should stay home whenever possible. Flatten the Curve. It will get worse before it gets better.
- Community health and well-being is the City’s top priority.
- The City is committed to delivering essential services.
The Office of Emergency Management is the lead for the City of Winnipeg and is collaborating with the Province of Manitoba and actively monitoring the situation. There are a series of weekly video conferences set up for Council members; the first one is tomorrow morning.
I anticipate that the Office of Emergency Management will provide the update.
See the chain of command for the City of Winnipeg’s Office of Emergency Management: https://www.winnipeg.ca/epp/
These are unprecedented times in a rapidly changing world that will last for months.
If you have any questions, please contact me.