2018-2022 Councillor Term Summary – Bison Run
This is a very very brief summary of key issues I’ve been working on specific to the Bison Run neighbourhood, and initiatives that I look forward to working on. I am very thankful to have had the support of many many residents who’ve been also working to make our neighbourhoods safer, healthier and a great place to live and play! Thank you!
- Developing an empty prairie field into a site for residential and commercial development takes years. I am beyond thrilled that we have reached the point where sewer, water and roads have been constructed – and now homes, and two new schools are being constructed in Phase One.
- Lots in Phase Two will start selling soon. We will enter the world of construction and this will become another beautiful neighbourhood.
- I will be working closely with the developer on amenities in the parks and public greenspaces. As always I welcome any feedback on ideas, and desires.
Recreation Campus and Fire Station
- $100 million for the new recreation campus has been secured, and $18 million for the fire station.
- The public consultations will start in November, and construction is projected to start in 2023
Lee Blvd Estates
- Many long term residents live along Lee Blvd. This area has been zoned ‘estate’ meaning the large lots, ditches and trees will remain intact.
- A new multifamily and commercial development will be built at the intersection of Lee Blvd and Waverley – I’ve worked with residents and the developer to ensure twice the number of trees they are obligated to plant – are planted.
- Cadboro road will not be a thru street once the schools are open. Currently it is open as roads are being constructed.
- I’m very pleased that a new community garden will be opening up in 2023 – in partnership with the Manitoba Buddhist Vihara. Details coming soon!