Silver Creek Rd. Residents Catalyst for Change
A huge thanks to the residents of Silver Creek Road!
Thanks to your persistence and patience – you were the spark – the catalyst – for positive change to a residential streets parking system! Working with residents, we switched parking from one side of the road to the other side – on Silver Creek Road, and were the catalyst in moving the Public Works department to formalize a ‘process’ in determining which side of the street is identified for parking in new developments! Process is a good thing!
- This process is now formalized into a Technical Standard and Practice on Residential Parking for use by the Public Service .
- SEE Motion and resulting Determining Locations of On Street Parking Report
The Technical Standard and Practice ALSO includes a process for residents to follow if they want to change parking from one side of the street to the other.
- Residents who wish to change parking from one side of the street to the other may submit a petition representing 70% support from affected residents.
- The Public Service would accept a 70% petition to switch parking assuming there are no significant safety, operational, or maintenance concerns associated with allowing parking on the opposite side of the street.
- You can contact 311 or the City Councillor for a petition.
This new process will result in a balanced, consistent and defendable approach to determining where to allow parking on residential streets.
The intent is to maximize residential parking supply while considering safety and other factors.