The Courtyards of Linden Pointe
The Courtyards of Linden Pointe is a one of a kind development in Winnipeg providing a continuum of care to senior residents. It is a campus approach to senior living, that when fully built out will contain 55+ apartment living, assisted care living, and memory care facilities. The development will also contain medical and pharmaceutical shops, a restaurant, and personal care businesses. The land was rezoned in 1998 to accommodate multifamily large developments.
Phase One (opened 2021)
- A three storey assisted living facility, including a memory care facility has been constructed. The building contains a total of 170 residential units and a number of shared facilities and common areas for the residents. Situated on just over 10 acres of land, this first phase of development will include 96 parking stalls, parking for a transportation bus, eight accessible parking stalls and parking stalls for two vans.
- For additional details see: Plan Approval Phase One 75 Falcon Ridge Drive
Phase Two (approved 2021)
- A residential six storey multi-family building on a northeastern portion of property has been approved for development. The building will have a total of 208 dwelling units, which will have a mix of studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartments. Each of these units are to be oriented toward older adults seeking independent living. On the ground floor of the building, an amenity space for use of the residents of the building, as well as residents of other phases of development is being constructed. These amenities include a pharmacy and convenience store, fitness centre, hair salon and barber, healthcare services, meeting rooms, and a multi-purpose room. An outdoor amenity space, including a garden space and pickleball court will also be constructed. A total of 328 accessory parking stalls for the multifamily building are being constructed, with 203 parking stalls located underground, and 125 surface parking stalls.
- Seven accessible parking stalls, four van accessible stalls and 32 bicycle parking stalls will be constructed. The developer moved this building further back from the property line than what is required by zoning by laws. I do recognize was not as far as residents in the nearby condominium block would have liked it to be. Like Phase One, the landscaping will be of a xeriscaping design. Xeriscaping is the practice of designing landscapes to reduce or eliminate the need for irrigation. This means Xeriscaped landscapes need little or no water beyond what the natural climate provides. This is a different approach to landscaping for Winnipeg, but in light of climate change and the many stresses on our environment, is a design more and more cities are supporting.
- For additional details see: Plan Approval Phase Two 27 Falcon Ridge Drive and Approved Plans