South Pointe Community Garden
A large piece of land has been made available to the community for use as a community garden by Qualico Developers. This is not a ‘city run’ garden as there is no available city land in the Waverly West ward to install a community garden. As this is the first year, there will be a few humps and bumps to get the garden set up and hopefully – a group of ‘gardening leaders’ will eventually run it!
LIMITED GARDENING PLOTS AVAILABLE – BOOK NOW:
- If you are interested in booking a garden plot PLEASE EMAIL Viktoria at: SouthPointeCommunityGarden@gmail.com
- Gardeners will be required to follow guidelines to keep their garden clean and weed free
GARDEN PLOT SIZES & COST:
- The garden is located at the end of Northridge Road and the soil is spectacular! There is lots of room to park your vehicle and transit is located on John Angus Dr at the end of Northridge Road
- Garden plots come in two sizes: 20’ x 20’ ($50 for the season) or a smaller size of 10’ x 10’ ($30 for the season)
- Gardeners will be required to follow Gardening & Covid guidelines
- Check out some great gardening resources
- Fresh water will be provided and INCLUDED in the plot rental cost. We have a large water tank being delivered to the site – each gardener will have a key to access water whenever they want.
- The garden plots are marked out and planting can start now!
- Gardening education sessions via ZOOM will be offered periodically to all gardeners – all education sessions are included in the garden plot fee.
- If you have any questions PLEASE EMAIL Viktoria at: SouthPointeCommunityGarden@gmail.com
THANK YOU TO the following organizations who are helping me set up this garden!
- Qualico Developers
- Bayview Construction
- Sri Lankan Association of Manitoba
- Canada Pakistan Trade and Cultural Association
- Brian the local farmer with a tractor
- South Pointe Residents Group
- Winnipeg Wellness Grant
- Manitoba Chinese Community Center