Fires in Waverley West on October 5th
Regarding the two fires in Waverley West this past Saturday, please know:
- Chief Lane & I meet regularly-downtown & in Waverley West to discuss fire prevention & response as times. I’ve toured the new station on Portage Ave as it is a training station-which is what is being considered for Waverley West.
- Waverley West is growing almost twice as fast as originally anticipated BUT Chief assures me CURRENTLY developed areas are within standard response times.Covered by two stations (Pembina & Waverley St)
- Land for a new fire/ambulance station is being secured in Waverley West B area (where new schools/recreation campus are being built)
- City commissioned Emergency Services International to produce a ‘Standards of Response Coverage’ report which I expect will be released publicly this fall identifying station closure-upgrades-new stations.
- Chief Lane & I will be holding a public ‘Waverley West Firehall Update’ when the above report is released to discuss findings.
- I posted 2018 Fire /Paramedics Incidents summary on my website -of the of 5,389 calls, 103 were fire (2%)
See details of calls: https://janicelukes.ca/…/2018-fire-incidents-in-waverley-w…/
- I greatly appreciate the advocacy of UFFW L867 & all the work they do to keep us safe.
As always I welcome any questions/comments firstname.lastname@example.org